The Columbia Sertoma Club was founded on June 2, 1950, making it one of South Carolina’s oldest and most successful charitable and civic organizations.
Over the past 57 years, the Club has given over $3 million to the Carolina Children’s Home, helped to eradicate polio in South Carolina, assisted in building Riverbanks Zoo, and contributed to dozens of other worthwhile causes statewide.
The Club still has three active charter members Robert Walker, Robert van Doren, and Gettis Wood, which the Club recently honored.
The Columbia Sertoma Club appreciates and thanks Walker, van Doren, and Wood for their continued good deeds and their lifetime of service to mankind.
See the story in the Columbia Star.